Buying a carpet or rug can be a quite stressful experience. There are many options, and it can get quite overwhelming. Here are some things you should think about before purchasing a carpet or rug.
First, think of your lifestyle and where you will be placing this carpet. Will it be stepped on? Will it have a lot of furniture on top of it?
Size and durability are important factors you should think about before purchasing an area rug for your home.
Some additional questions you should ask yourself:
• How much to spend?
• What color to choose?
• What style and grade of carpet should I select?
• What padding type, density, and thickness should I select?
• How can I be sure my carpet is installed properly?
• How do I get a good price on a new carpet, padding, and installation?
You’ve thought long and hard about what you’re specifically looking for. Now here are some questions you should ask your salesperson:
• Does the price of the carpet include carpet padding and carpet installation?
• If not, how much extra is the charge for carpet padding and carpet installation?
• Is there a guarantee or warranty on the carpet/carpet padding/carpet installation?
• Will the salesperson come out to the home to do an accurate room measurement?
• Where will the seams fall? Avoid seams against the traffic direction.
• Does the carpet price include metal stripping at the thresholds and wrapping the carpet around each stair step?
• What is the charge for removing old carpet and carpet padding and hauling it away?
• What is the charge (if any) for moving furniture?
Good luck on your purchase !